Globally based steel mills, producers, ship owners and trading companies are increasingly looking to manage their price and counterparty risk through cleared trading opportunities.
To meet this need, LCH.Clearnet provides an independent clearing service for Iron Ore contracts settled against The Steel Index (TSI) 62% Fe C+F China.
By clearing through LCH.Clearnet clearing members benefit from the stability and the implicit security of the default fund.
Iron Ore trades are blocked into LCH.Clearnet through Cleartrade Exchange, and then registered for clearing through a clearing member of LCH.Clearnet.
- Robust, reliable reference pricing - The Steel Index 62% Fe Iron Ore.
- Worldwide service distribution - through the largest financial institutions.
- Competitive fee structure - no annual membership, trade registration or trading platform fees.
- Efficient trade registration - straight through processing to dedicated clearing platform.
- Complements our Freight service - synergies with LCH.Clearnet's service for Freight Forward Agreements.