LCH Account Structures under EMIR – LCH SA
The way in which CCPs manage members' and clients' assets is one of the most significant areas of change required by regulators. In Europe, EMIR has been designed to reduce counterparty risk and increase transparency within the markets.
Effective from 1 January 2017
LCH SA offers members a choice of ISA (Individual Segregated Account) and OSA (Omnibus Segregated Account) accounts.
Click here to find out more about the choice of accounts that LCH offers.
Annual Account Fees
A yearly fee is charged for each ISA or OSA account as indicated in the table below.
|ISA||OSA Net||OSA Gross|
** Account structure fees for Listed Derivatives and Cash Equities will be waived until 31st December 2017.
As part of LCH SA's EMIR authorisation, we have commissioned legal opinions in respect of each jurisdiction in which we have Clearing Members. Executed copies are made available to our Clearing Members.
As far as the Cash Markets, Derivatives markets, Fixed Income products and Triparty Repo clearing services are concerned:
- The executed copies of the French, Belgian, English, Dutch, German, Finnish, Swedish, Luxembourg, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese,Danish legal opinions are currently available. The Swiss one, will be made available in due course.
- The legal opinions are made available to Clearing Members on demand, on a non-reliance basis, and those which are currently in draft form are therefore subject to possible change.
- Queries relating to legal matters should be directed to Exchange.firstname.lastname@example.org
As far as the CDS are concerned:
- The executed copies of the French, English and German legal opinions remain available on the secure area.
- Queries relating to legal matters should be directed to email@example.com
It is important that clearing members familiarise themselves with the legal implications associated with these ISA and OSA accounts.
Click here to see the current Cash and Derivatives markets and Fixed Income products Rulebook.
Click here to see the current CDS Clearing Rule Book.
Terms and conditions
- On the creation of a new account, the Fee becomes immediately payable, and annually on the anniversary of the creation date thereafter
- The Fees do not apply to House accounts
- The Fees are non-refundable once paid, no refunds for partial years
- No discounts for multiple accounts
- No adjustments for multiple collateral accounts
Jurisdictional Legal Opinions
USA - FCM
The following legal opinions are available on request