TrainingThe Training Curriculum includes the following:
- Introductory courses
- Clearing and settlement procedures
- Risk management and margining
- Collateral operations and banking reports reconciliation
- Collateral lodgement and withdrawal procedures
- Reference material
The LCH Ltd (LCH) Rulebook states Clearing Members must ensure that:
"an adequate number of administrative staff are fully conversant with procedures for the management of business transacted in the markets and contracts cleared by the Clearing House and in which the Clearing Member participates"
LCH Ltd's range of training has been designed to assist Clearing Members in meeting these criteria.
A bespoke training service is also available upon request, as resources permit, which is aimed at:
- New Clearing Members
- Clearing Members wishing to extend their existing Clearing Member status to another market
- Risk and back office operational staff at existing Clearing Member firms who require refresher training
It is recommended that there are at least two authorised clearing operators for each market in which a Clearing Member is active.
LCH SA training courses are recommended as optional for authorised clearing operators, to expand their knowledge of LCH clearing systems, risk management and margining, and treasury operations.
Having attended a training course, delegates may also opt to register for a one and a half hour knowledge assessment, to take place within one month of attending a training session. The knowledge assessments can take place via email, or at our London or Paris offices.