Extension of clearing services to additional 8 €uro markets*
As of December this year and subject to regulatory approval, RepoClear SA will extend its clearing services to additional €uro markets, namely:
- Austrian, Dutch, Finnish and Portuguese debts available from December 2018.
- Irish, Slovakian, Slovenian debts along with Supranationals available as of Q1 2019.
The cleared activity on these 8 euro debts will settle in ICSDs exclusively, namely Clearstream Banking Luxemburg (CBL) and Euroclear Bank (EB).
Multi settlement facility*
As of October this year, RepoClear SA will offer a multi settlement facility.
The German debt will be the first euro debts cleared in Repoclear SA to benefit from this new flexibility in October 2018.
Clearing members will have the possibility to choose between:
- an ICSD settlement: Clearstream Banking Luxemburg (CBL) and Euroclear Bank (EB) or
- a T2S Settlement: Clearstream Banking Frankfurt (CBF) and Euroclear France (EF).
The launch of these additional products and services are linked to building greater opportunities for members through utilisation of a single CCP entity:
Greater balance sheet netting opportunities and enhanced intra-day liquidity possibilities.
Single CCP connection and infrastructure for those trading Euro Debts.
Potential for country offsets creating IM reduction.
* Subject to regulatory approval