Table of contents
- I am not a current Clearing Member of LCH. Can I still attend a course?
- Is there a way to receive training remotely, or are delegates required to attend LCH offices in person?
- I am new to a Clearing Member firm. Is there a charge for me to attend training?
- I am not part of the back office operations team, but I work at a Clearing Member firm and I think the training course seems interesting. Can I attend anyway?
- How much does training cost?
- Where can I check dates and locations of training courses?
- Will I receive any training material after the course?
- I am registered for a course but I am no longer able to attend. Can my colleague attend in my place?
- How many delegates from new and extending Clearing Member firms should attend pre-go live training?
- What is the duration of operational training courses?
- When is operational training typically scheduled?
The majority of the LCH training curriculum contains detailed procedural information, which is purposely tailored for the back office operational staff who will be liaising with LCH on a daily basis, and are required to have an understanding of our processes. These training courses are not relevant to non-Clearing Members.
Training is delivered via Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams is a web conferencing tool which enables delegates in multiple locations to attend a central training event, and only requires Internet access, with no necessity for additional software.
New and extending Clearing Members are provided training free of charge as part of the application process.
Should you require training for markets in which your Clearing Member firm is already a participant, LCH will expect your team to transfer its knowledge internally and provide training for new starters.
Existing Clearing Members are charged a fee to attend refresher training, which is calculated based on a daily rate of £500/€600/$805 plus VAT per delegate.
For current Clearing Members, an invoice will be sent, and Clearing Members' PPS/Invoicing Cash Call accounts will be debited where possible two weeks prior to the course.
Please note that training fees will not be refunded if delegates are unable to attend on the day, although alternative delegates will be accepted or the training course can be moved to an alternative date.
The majority of LCH training curriculum contains detailed procedural information which is purposefully tailored for the back office operational staff who will be liaising with LCH on a daily basis, and are required to have an understanding of clearing procedures. These training courses are not relevant to non-clearing teams such as finance, IT, project managers, or consultants, and attendance will be discouraged.
- New Clearing Members and those extending their Clearing Member status to include the clearing of a new business are allocated free places on the relevant courses as part of the application process.
- If you require training for a market in which your Clearing Member firm is already a participant, it will be regarded as refresher training and is therefore chargeable.
Refresher training and scheduled courses for existing Clearing Members are charged at a daily rate of £500/€600/$805 plus VAT per delegate.
If you are a new or extending Clearing Member, the Member Training team will contact you directly, as part of the application process, to arrange the appropriate training sessions at a mutually convenient time.
If you wish to arrange refresher training please contact the Member Training team
Delegates will receive training material to accompany each course/workshop. This may include:
- The PowerPoint presentation
- Supplementary reading chapters for further reading
- A glossary of terms used in the PowerPoint presentation
- Reference guide(s)
Delegates attending training via MS Teams will receive soft copies of the training material via email in advance of the training session.
Alternative delegates will be accepted up to one hour before the training begins. You must provide the full name, job title, and contact details, by email, for the new delegate.
- A minimum of two back office operational and two risk management staff will be required to attend the appropriate training course.
Delegates should transfer knowledge internally to any staff that do not attend training, and build internal procedures based on the information provided during training.
Pre go-live training courses are not relevant to non-clearing teams such as finance, IT, project managers, or consultants, and attendance will be discouraged.
- A typical operational training programme has an approximate duration of four hours.
- Courses are tailored to delegates' specific training requirements to include only the relevant modules; therefore it may not be necessary to deliver the full training programme, depending on delegates' previous experience.
- To accommodate different time zones, it is possible to spread individual training modules across different dates.
The Member Training team will liaise with the nominated contact at your Clearing Member firm to discuss and confirm the operational capability of the relevant risk management and operational staff, once clearing approval has been provided by LCH.
New and extending Clearing Member training is generally scheduled to be delivered within the two weeks prior to go-live.