In this section you can find other related information that pertains to clearing at CommodityClear SA.
Connecting to LCH SA
Connecting the LCH SA is a streamlined process. Below, you can find some educational links on our connectivity requirements
Cash and Derivatives Clearing System Information
LCH SA provides its members with an international standard clearing system, benefiting from the following technical advantages:
- single access to the LCH SA clearing services which allows subsequent margin offsets and cost reductions,
- an open architecture offering greater opportunities for the automation of the back-office processes,
- and a modular architecture which allows ongoing adaptations
LCH SA is offering market participants a global solution consisting of:
- A common access to all markets served
- Harmonization of clearing principles
- And is adopting international standards in order to respond to the demand formulated by the financial community (particularly from global clearers working on multiple markets)
- Harmonize systems on the financial markets
The Advantages of the Cash and Derivatives Clearing System
- An open architecture providing dialog between the members' internal computer systems and the clearing houses.
- Real-time operation which enables market participants to better manage their positions and risks.
- Detailed position keeping, allowing for balancing between unit accounts in the position keepers' books and those managed by the clearing house.
The Cash and Derivatives Clearing System can be used to perform the following clearing operations :
- Postings and give-ups
- Position keeping by account
- Management of an account base (opening, modification, closure)
- Actions on position (exercise, abandonment, assignments)
- Adjustments (corrections, transfers, offsets)
- Calculation of margins and premiums
- Calculation of initial margins (SPAN® method)