LCH.Clearnet appoints Group Head of Technology and Operations
- Steve Briscoe will lead development of Group’s technology and operations
- Joins group from RBS; with 20 years’ financial services industry experience
LCH.Clearnet Group (“LCH.Clearnet”), the global clearing house, is today pleased to announce that Steve Briscoe has been appointed as the new Group Head of Technology and Operations. Steve will be responsible for the provision of IT and Operations across the Group’s legal entities.
Steve has 20 years’ financial services industry experience. He joins from RBS, where he spent five years, most recently as Head of Operations for the markets division, with responsibility for the delivery of all aspects of operational service for the Investment Banks. Before RBS, Steve spent 15 years at UBS in leadership roles across a range of technology developments and in operations. Martin Ryan, Global Head of Operations, has been appointed as the Group Head of Shared Services for LSEG. Martin will work closely with Steve on the development and introduction of the Shared Services offer across LCH.Clearnet Group.
Suneel Bakhshi, CEO, LCH.Clearnet Group said: “We are delighted to welcome Steve Briscoe to the Group. LCH.Clearnet is committed to improving ways of working, through innovation, efficiency and effectiveness; enabling us to build on our market leading position in risk management and clearing solutions. Steve has a strong track record of delivery from his previous roles and will work closely with the senior management team to further develop LCH.Clearnet’s technology and operations.”
Steve Briscoe - Biography
- RBS M&IB - Global Head of Operations, Markets - Managing Director (March 2012 - September 2014)
- RBS M&IB - Global Head of Client Operations, Global Banking & Markets - Managing Director (September 2010 - March 2012)
- UBS Investment Bank (September 1995 - September 2010)
- Global Head of Collateral & Treasury Operations - Managing Director (August 2009 - September 2010)
- Global Head of Prime Brokerage Operations - Managing Director (December 2006 - August 2009)
- Global Head of FIPB Operations - Executive Director (August 2005 - December 2006)
- EMEA Head of Securities Operations - Executive Director (June 2003 - August 2005)
- EMEA Head of Client & Trade Date Service - Executive Director (March 2002 - June 2003)
- Program Manager, SSE - Information Technology - Director (January 2001 - March 2002)
- Project Manager - Information Technology - Associate Director
- Head of Securities Ops IT, Tokyo, Japan - Associate Director (December 1997 - May 1999)
- Fixed Income Operations IT - Developer (September 1995 - December 1997)
St Catherine’s College, Cambridge University
1995: MA (Hons) 2:1 - Computer Science
For further information
Rhiannon Davies, Tel: +44 (0)20 7426 7523
Lucie Holloway, Tel: +44 (0)20 7797 1126
LCH on social media
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on LinkedIn
The LCH.Clearnet Group is a leading multi-asset class and multi-national clearing house, serving major exchanges and trading platforms as well as a range of OTC markets.
LCH.Clearnet’s world-class risk management framework provides exceptional levels of protection to international markets, as has been proven through the management of past defaults. As demand for robust clearing services continues to grow, LCH.Clearnet is committed to achieving the highest standards of risk management across all asset classes cleared.
LCH.Clearnet Group is majority owned by London Stock Exchange Group (LSE.L), a diversified international exchange group that sits at the heart of the world's financial community.